Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Weekly Job Hunt Routine

Way back when I graduated from the Art Institute I set up a weekly list of websites to visit.  If you are also searching for jobs in the apparel industry in the Portland area, you may find this list useful.  Add a comment if you think I've forgotten anyone.

Monday-
  • Craigslist.  I check Craigslist every single day.  Also, about once/week I'll go to the Seattle and Salem pages just in case there's something out there for me.
  • iMatchSkills.  A requirement of unemployment, and one I have yet to find useful.
  • 24Seventalent.  24Seven is a recruiting agency, a little like Kelly Services.
  • Fred Meyer.  Did you know their corporate offices are in Portland?  One of my internships was here in their Apparel Product Development department.
  • Doc Marten.  Their US headquarters are in Portland.  How cool is that?  It is my dream to work in footwear.
Tuesday-
Wednesday-

Thursday-
Friday- 
  • Craigslist.
  • Nike.
  • Nau.  Probably Portland's most famous "green" apparel company.
  • BikePortland.  No, I'm not looking for a job as a bike mechanic.  I'm just hopeful that someday Showers Pass will post on here looking for an entry level designer/developer.  You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment